Garden River , Private Salmon/Steelhead Fishing
September 13-27, 2023, Four, three day trips!
In 1997 Chuck Hawkins was granted permission by the Garden River First Nation to guide anglers on the Garden River in the fall of each year. We have private salmon and steelhead fly fishing for our clients with this access. Due to the remote nature of the river and the incredible runs of salmon many knowledgeable anglers call this the best salmon fishing in the Great Lakes.
Species and Methods
Hawkins and his native guides will show you how to catch salmon and steelhead with both streamers and nymphs. You will see salmon chase down and kill a stripped streamer. Steelhead will take both dead drifted eggs and stripped or swung streamers. If cohos come in they will be the first to your fly. The pink salmon fishing is the best in the Great Lakes. Seems like thousands of these smaller salmon ascend the Garden River each year.
Wildlife is abundant, eagles, bears, wolves and moose are all present. The scenery is unsurpassed. The fishing is fantastic and you won’t see anyone but those in your party.
Try the Garden River. Due to the privacy you will experience peace, solitude, and great fishing. You won’t be disappointed.
- 5-6 hours from Detroit but feels and fishes like Alaska
- Anglers of all abilities find challenge and success on a river as beautiful as any in the world
- All fishing is catch and release
- We fish for three species of salmon, Pinks to 4 lbs., Kings to 30 lbs., and Pinooks (cross between king and pink) to 18 lbs. Steelhead numbers vary year to year with numbers increasing later in September
- Each trip is three days, beginning on Sept 13 and ending Sept 27
- Chuck Hawkins maintains a fishing report during his trip.
Cost for three days is $1200 per angler. Not included is lodging, food, license, flies and gratuities. We provide guided private fishing for 6 anglers each trip with three guides and transportation to and from the river. We have rods and reels for your use if needed.
Current availability as of January 8, 2023 …
Sept 13-15, 4 spots available
Sept 16-18, Full
Sept 19-21, Full
Sept 22-24, Full